RECYCLING WEEK

Coat of Arms

Rothesay’s Coat of Arms consists of five symbols signifying the former communities amalgamated in 1998.

In the upper portion of the shield, the red apple signifies Appleby’s Wharf and the shipbuilding history of East Riverside-Kingshurst, while the two oars exemplify the strong rowing history of Renforth.

The wavy band across the centre of the shield represents the Kennebecasis River, a unifying symbol of the community.

The nautical reef knot symbolizes the shipbuilding history of Fairvale and the discs on either side are hearaldic symbols for “fountains”, representing water and the community of Wells.

The ostrich feather honours the Prince of Wales, who named the municipality Rothesay, in 1860.

Share this page:

Facebook Google Twitter Email